• April 24, 2014, 01:45:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Co-op multi keyboard FIX!  (Read 12083 times)

Deman

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
Co-op multi keyboard FIX!
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:57:01 AM »
One of our awesome beta testers Deman made a local coop fix for keyboard.
-Andy Nguyen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after searching a lot I found a very simple multi keyboard fix.
In this post is a .zip, unpack this zip in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monaco". The zip contains x360kb.ini and xinput1_3.dll, open the .ini if you want to customize the controls. Keep in mind that wasd and arrow keys will always be in use and will be for player 1. When customizing the keys for player 2 be sure you don't put them on wasd or arrow keys.

These are the preset controls in the .ini file:
[PAD1]
A=num7
B=num9
X=numSlash
Y=numStar
Left Shoulder=
Right Shoulder=
Left Analog Up=up
Left Analog Down=down
Left Analog Left=left
Left Analog Right=right
Start=num0
Right Analog Up=num8
Right Analog Down=num2
Right Analog Left=num4
Right Analog Right=num6

[PAD2]
A=i
B=p
X=9
Y=Apostrophe
Left Shoulder=
Right Shoulder=
Right Analog Up=O
Right Analog Down=L
Right Analog Left=K
Right Analog Right=Semicolon
Start=Home
Left Analog Up=y
Left Analog Down=h
Left Analog Left=g
Left Analog Right=j

Please mind, when having these 2 files in your monaco folder monaco will always start with 2 controllers and will not allow you to use keyboard and mouse. In order to play with keyboard and mouse just move the files or remove them. Both player 1 and 2 will be locked to keyboard, so no mouse action until you move/rename/remove the files.

Now this isn't an official multi keyboard fix, a real one would separate the 2 keyboards so the settings can overlap without controlling the other player. This is not the case with this fix but it allows you to play co-op without a controller!

Edit: updated the ini, seeing how T is already in use by chat.

My co-op keyboard setup :D

Edit: I just got notified by a member that the attachment is broken, I have uploaded a new one. This isn't the original one I had before seeing how I lost that one. It's also not tested, sorry lazy. So please someone test for me and let us know in this topic if it is working. Thx :)
The attachment system on this forum is broken, please DL it from the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13655069/Keyboard%20fix.zip
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:45:28 PM by Deman »

Andy Nguyen

• Administrator
  • Cleaner
  • Developer of Monaco
    • View Profile
    • Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
Re: Co-op multi keyboard FIX! [temporary]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
NICE!
Add me on Steam! -pixelatedpost

Zyzzybalubah

• Global Moderator
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op multi keyboard FIX! [temporary]
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:23:29 AM »
Oh crap dude that's AWESOME!

Great sleuthing! Many thanks!

I hope other people can put this to good use
"if you hate it, procrastinate it" -Nguyen

Add me on Steam!

Andy Nguyen

• Administrator
  • Cleaner
  • Developer of Monaco
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op multi keyboard FIX!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »
Gonna bump this thread!

Fluff

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
Could this potentially be modified to include 3 or 4 players all using keyboards on one computer? Alternatively, is there a reason this appears to preclude the use of controllers?

lukyk

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 05:24:23 PM »
When do I delete the two files? Windows 8 always says that the two files are in use when I try to delete them

Zyzzybalubah

• Global Moderator
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:32 AM »
Could this potentially be modified to include 3 or 4 players all using keyboards on one computer? Alternatively, is there a reason this appears to preclude the use of controllers?

I'm not sure you want to do that... a user pointed out a while back that some keyboards can only handle so many inputs, so having four players simultaneously pressing keys COULD be a problem, not to mention that it would be, erm, cramped.

Also I don't believe it does preclude the use of controller simply because controllers CAN be defaulted to. This is simply a fix for people who would like to play on one keyboard. Right? Am I dumb? lol
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:53:47 AM by Zyzzybalubah »
"if you hate it, procrastinate it" -Nguyen

Add me on Steam!

Wonkyth

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 08:31:38 AM »

I'm not sure you want to do that... a user pointed out a while back that some keyboards can only handle so many inputs, so having four players simultaneously pressing keys COULD be a problem, not to mention that it would be, erm, cramped.

Also I don't believe it does preclude the use of controller simply because controllers CAN be defaulted to. This is simply a fix for people who would like to play on one keyboard. Right? Am I dumb? lol
Back in my day, ALL keyboards had NKRO, so we could play games with sixteen players on a single keyboard!

Also you can just use multiple keyboards no worries. :P

Deman

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 05:37:10 AM »
Haven't tested it but I assume you can, just copy the previous PAD1/2 and rename them to [PAD3] and [PAD4]. And replace the keys by available keys. However seeing that it's all on one keyboard your a damn magician if you fit 4 pads on 1 keyboard. Because even though you can use multiple keyboards the controls are shared across all the keyboards.

When do I delete the two files? Windows 8 always says that the two files are in use when I try to delete them
You got a controller connected to the pc? Also make sure you exit the game and it is not running in task manager. Seeing how windows 8 doesn't have file unlocker software available yet you might want to try "Process Explorer" and look up the 2 files to see which process is still accessing them.

It has been a long time ago since I posted this fix and I know the topic is kinda dead, but I am glad that I could help 226 people. Local co-op is the best invention ever, sadly nowadays almost no games support multi keyboard.

Erikulum

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »
Hi I hope someone still have that fix, the one in the opening post seem down. I got this game mainly for the co-op and would love to be able to use my 2 player combat-king arcade stick (via xpadder).

Thanks in advance !

BloodyBunny

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »
pleaase, where's the file  :'(

Thank you.

Deman

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
Andy Nguyen attachment system broken, please fix and try to retrieve the old file for me :)

Andy Nguyen

• Administrator
  • Cleaner
  • Developer of Monaco
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 11:50:40 AM »
I wonder if this is because we moved the server over to a new host.  I will see what I can do.

Pobregizmo

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »
Any idea if something like this might be possible on Mac? I would LOVE to play with two people on one keyboard! (or two keyboards if possible!!!)

Still waiting for my Xbox controller PC dongle :)

sleepnsheep

• Locksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
Haven't actually played a game with it yet, but I was able to create a game and "press start" on both players so the file seems to be working as intended.  Thanks again for the great game, the file, and also the reupload.  Now I'll be able to play coop when a friend comes over  :D